The purpose of Upstate Under Your Nose is to share super cool places in the Upstate with people that share similar interests as we do. To that end, I am currently working on posts telling everybody about a must-see waterfall, an amazing wine bar, and my favorite coffee shop (even though I do not drink coffee).  We are working on these as we juggle a handful of professional projects*, maintain a household, and raise a too-smart-for-his-own-good six-year-old. Oh yeah, plus there is the matter of the other blog we are currently working on here.  

The point is this: as we are working to get the new blog stories finished and ready to share with the world we just received the most amazing news I have heard since I made my Little League All-Star team in seventh grade.  Now, maybe my life is short on “major awards” but I am still honored by this news and cannot wait to share it with you.
Drum roll please…. Upstate Under Your Nose has been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award!  

To be honest, we have no idea what this means but I am tempted to go into my version of the “It’s an honor just to be nominated” speech regardless. We will spare you that awkward and blubbering blog post and just say thank you to Jay and Lindsay at http://funnyloveblog.wordpress.com/.

Jay is such a good friend that he helped me get dressed before my wedding. I think we agreed to never speak of that again so I will just say that he is a very funny guy and he and his lady-friend have put together a blog that makes me laugh way harder than almost anything else on the Interweb. They got nominated for an award and shared their new-found fame by nominating our site along with them. Check out the story on their page because they explain it quite a bit better than I can. 

Thanks Jay and Lindsay! It really is an honor just to be nominated… I will now get back to our story about a waterfall…